Present Designation : Member Secretary
- B.E. (Civil)
- M.E. (Environmental. Engineering)
- PG Diploma in Business Management
- Ph. D. (Environmental. Engineering)
- Member of Expert Appraisal Committee for Environmental Clearance (violation cases), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India
- Ex. Member of State Environment Appraisal Committee., Gujarat
- Member of State Level Approval Committee for Assistance to Environment Protection Measures
- Member of State Level Committee for CP Award
- Member of Technical Committee of Gujarat Pollution Control Board (GPCB)
- Member of Technical Committee of GSBTM (Gujarat State Biotechnology Mission)
- Member of Environment Audit Committee of GPCB
- Vice Chairman Narmada Clean Technology Ltd (CETP of 60 MLD)
- Director CETP, Sarigam Clean Initiative, (CETP, 15 MLD)
- Representative RECPnet, UNIDO for Asia and Asia Pacific Centres.
Life Member – Professional Institution
- MIE (Institute of Engineers)
- MIWWA (Indian Water Works Association)
- MIEA (Indian Environmental Association)
Total Experience of More than 40 Years
- Received award from Dr. P. S. Rahangdale and Team Occupational Safety and Health Association of India (OSHAI) for First time the Lifetime Award of OSHAI for Environment Protection for dedicated and committed contribution to Environment Protection through various national and international initiatives.
- Worked for about 3 Years in Public Health Engineering Department, Government Of Rajasthan. Dealt with planning, designing and execution of various components viz. source, distribution systems, rising mains, storage reservoirs, housing quarters, pumping stations etc. for Urban & Rural water supply and drainage schemes.
- Worked for about 2 years in Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board. Dealt with surveying, planning, designing, estimating & costing of regional and urban water supply schemes and domestic waste water treatment plants.
- Worked in Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) for 30 Years in various capacities from Executive Engineer to Chief Engineer. Dealt with pollution control schemes of industrial estates of GIDC, Environment Management Scheme for industries, Environment Impact Assessment, Selection & Planning of industrial estates, Planning & Designing infrastructures for industrial estates etc and has also worked as Chief Executive Officer of Vapi Waste and Effluent Management Co Vapi.
- Presently working as Member Secretary, Gujarat Cleaner Production Centre (GCPC). GCPC is engaged in promotional activities of Cleaner Production to achieve sustainable development by bringing balance between Ecology and Economy. Involved in many projects of Water and Energy Conservation, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation, transfer of clean technology.
GCPC has been established by the Industries Department of the State Government; and working under technical guidance of UNIDO since 1998.
The main activities of GCPC are:
- Creating awareness on Cleaner Production.
- Providing cost effective training on CP to industrial personnel for production assessment and implementation of CP tools.
- Organizing and conduct Cleaner Production Demonstration projects in different clusters of Industries.
- Developing expertise and thus providing consultancy and advisory services on Cleaner Production.
- Creating databank and information centre on CP.
- Working as ENVIS centre of Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change, Government of India.
- Working on Eco Innovation projects of UNEP.
- Working on “Transforming of Industrial Park into Eco Industrial Park”
- Working for “Environmental Friendly Techniques for Textile sector and Recycle Pulp & Paper sector” with support of GIZ and UBA (Umweltbundesamt – Federat Environmental Protection Agency, Germany)
- Working on “Resource Efficiency and Cleaner Production network (RECPnet)” with support of UNIDO and UNEP.
Experience of ECO-INDUSTRIAL PARK
For the first time in the Gujarat state of India, developed concept of Eco Industrial Park, matching with Industrial development scenario of the state.
Based on the concept working for following existing Industrial parks of G.I.D.C to retrofit in to the Eco Industrial Park.
- Vapi, Surat ( with the support of GIZ)
- Dahej, Nandesari (with the support of UNIDO)
Also, involved in framing the Gujarat Industrial Policy for providing financial support towards the implementation of concept of EIP (Green Industrial Park).
- Presented case studies of EIP at Nairobi ( Global Network Conference on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production, on 17 -18th October 2011), Bangkok (11th Asia Pacific Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production:”Paving the way to the Future We want in Asia and the Pacific” on 19-20 May 2014) and Helsinki (Global Conference on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) held from 3-5 June in, Finland)
- Presented case studies at Ulsan, Republic of Korea (“Green Industry for Sustainable Cities”, the fourth Green Industry Conference (GIC) on 28 to 30 June, 2016) and at Bangkok, Thailand (regional Chapter Meeting of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Network (RECPnet) on 21st May, 2014)
Association with Academic Institutions
- External guide for M. Tech. Dissertation – CEPT University, Ahmadabad
- External guide for M.E. environment dissertation – S.P. University, Vallabh Vidyanagar
- External guide for M.E. Chemical Engineering dissertation – Gujarat university & GTU
- External guide for B.E. Environment Engineering dissertation – Gujarat university& GTU
- External guide for M.sc. (Environment Science) – dissertation- S. P. university
- External guide for M.sc. (biotechnology) – dissertation Kadi sarva Vishwa Vidyalaya, Ghandhinagar
- Resource person for preparing document for world summit on Sustainable Development – industrial development – October, 2002.
- External faculty at L.D. College of Engineering in Environment Engineering
- External examiner for the Environmental subjects of M. Sc. / M.E S. P. University, Vidyanagar and Gujarat University. Adjunct faculty in Nirma Engineering College and L. D. College of Engineering.
- External jury for environmental planning students of CEPT, (centre for environmental planning & technology) Ahmadabad.
- Member of expert committee for the course of P. G. Diploma in safety and health at AEPS Ankleshwar.
- Member of Course Committee Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
- Member of Course Committee Gujarat Technological University
- Member of Planning and Development Committee of S. D. Agricultural University, Banaskantha, Gujarat
- Co-opted as member of the Academic Council of S. D. Agricultural University, Banaskantha, Gujarat
- Member of the Board of Studies, Faculty of S.D Agricultural University (College of Renewable Energy and Environmental Engineering)
- Sustainable Development Learning and Perspectives from India based on a National wide Consultative Process published by Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India.
- Cleaner Production and its Application to Industries published by Gujarat Cleaner Production Centre, Gujarat
- “Waste Management and Environment” – VI Global Conference on Environment Education Organized by Indian Environment Society, New Delhi in November 2001
- “Waste Management and Technologies “- Enviro Vision 2002, May 2002 organized by Indian Environment Association, Mumbai.
- “Cost Benefit Analysis in Adoption of Cleaner Production Techniques” – Seminar organized by National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai in April 2003
- Expert lecture on “Clean Environment Technology” in ENVIRO-TECH 2003 organized by CII 12-14 Dec 2003, Ahmadabad
- “Basic Foundations of Eco Industrial Estate: Cleaner Production: Concepts and Approach” in November 2004.
- “Industries & Environment” Expert lecture at IPCL, VADODARA on Environment Day 2005
- “Solid Waste management in industries” seminar organized by British Deputy high commission UK on 4/4/2005 at Bombay.
- “CP Approach in Environment Management” – National Conference on Development –Cum-Environment Friendly Future Industrial Fuels DEFIF-2005 May 19-21 2005 organized by centre for energy studies, KUMARAGURU COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY, Coimbatore
- “Industrialization in Gujarat: A friendly approach of State Government” – ENVIROVISION 2005 on September 22nd, 2005.
- “Industrial Wastewater Management – Scenario of Gujarat” in January 2006 – 38th Annual Convention of ‘IWWA’ at Jaipur.
- “Management of Cleaner Production Technology – A case study of Gujarat” – Under the theme: Management of Clean Technology” presented in International conference on Green Competitiveness for sustainable development at IMT, Ghaziabad in October 2006.
- “Member Expert Panel for International Conference on Cleaner Technology and Environment Management” organized by Pondicherry Engineering College on 4-6 January 2007.
- “CP in Textile Sector – A cost effective tool” – 9th International & 63rd All India Textile Conference on 4 – 6 January 2008
- “Environment Management in Industrial Estates” – State level seminar on Current Trends in Environmental Sciences on 20th September 2008.
- “Waste Management and Environment” – VI Global Conference on Environmental Education on November 2001 by Indian Environmental Society.
- “Cleaner Production Technologies” XIX National Convention of Environmental Engineers – 2003 by the Institution of Engineers (India).
- “Gujarat Cleaner Production Centre” in magazine “Green Productivity” published by CII, New Delhi on July 2004.
- “Cleaner Production Synergizing ECOLOGY & ECONOMY” in magazine “Chemical World” published by INFO MEDIA India Limited, Mumbai
- “Waste Exchange Bank” in magazine ENVIRONMENT Science & Engineering published by Enviro Publishers Pvt. Ltd., Chennai
- “Loss Preventive & Safety Promotion in the process industries” in Volume 11- 2004 of International Symposium, PRAHA-CZECH, Republic
- Interview on Cleaner Production and Technology published in chemical world- vol 6 no 4 – Nov-Dec, 06
- “Social Responsibilities should be towards resource conservation and sustainable development” in volume – 6, no 4, 2006 Chemical World.
- “Linkage between Environment and Economy: A Case Study of Gujarat Chemical Industries” – A National Seminar on Process of Industrialization in India: Regional Perspective on September 2007 at Anand.
- “Recycle & Reuse of Waste Water – Case Study of Fish Processing Units in Gujarat”, Indian Water Works Association, 2008, Indore.
- Participated In Weftec – 99, Singapore
- Participated In Achema – 2003, Frankfurt, Germany (Invited By UNIDO)
- Visited Zurich and Basel, Switzerland under UNIDO Programme for Cleaner Technology Projects in May 2003. (Invited By UNIDO)
- Visited Bahrain In Feb. 2009 To Participate In Clean Technology Forum (Invited By UNIDO)
- Visited Mauritius From 27th To 31st July 2009, As A Member Of UNIDO Team For Selection Of Institution For NCPC (Invited By UNIDO)
- Visited Lucerne, Switzerland, From 18 To 24 October 2009 To Participate In “2009 Network Meeting Of The Global UNIDO – UNEP Network On Resource Efficient And Cleaner Production” (Invited by UNIDO)
- Participated in 9th Asia Pacific Roundtable for Sustainable Consumption & Production by UNEP & NCPC at Srilanka on 8-12th June 2010, and presented paper on “Resource Efficient and Responsible Production” (Invited by UNIDO)
- Participated in meeting of NCPCs in Asia Pacific Region, at Jakarta on 20-21 January 2011 (Invited by UNIDO)
- Participated in 2nd Global Network Conference on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production, at Nairobi on 17 -18th October 2011, and presented paper on “ Eco Industrial Park – case study of Naroda Industrial Estate, Gujarat” (Invited by GIZ)
- Participated in Green Industry Conference – 2011, Tokyo on 16-18th November 2011 and presented paper on “Adapting and Adopting Cleaner Process Technologies: Success Stories from Indian Chemical Industries” (Invited by UNEP)
- Participated and presented in Expert review meetings on “Eco-industrial Parks and Technology & Eco Innovation on 6-8th May 2014 at Vienna, Austria (Invited by UNEP)
- Participated and Presented in 11th Asia Pacific Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production:”Paving the way to the Future We want in Asia and the Pacific” on 19-20 May 2014 at Bangkok, Thailand (Invited by UNIDO)
- Participated and Presented in regional Chapter Meeting of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Network (RECPnet) on 21st May 2014 at Bangkok, Thailand ( Invited by UNIDO)
- Participated and presented case studies in ‘ECO Innovation’ validation and training workshop on 21-24 Oct 2014, held at Beijing, China (Invited by UNEP)
- Participated and presented case studies in “Expert meeting on tools and methodologies on Sound Management of Chemicals (SMOC) for implementation in the private sector” on 27-28 April 2016,at Paris, France(Invited by UNEP).
- Participated and presented in “Green Industry for Sustainable Cities”, the fourth Green Industry Conference (GIC) took place from 28 to 30 June 2016, in Ulsan, Republic of Korea.
- Participated and Presented in Global Conference on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) held from 3-5 June in Helsinki, Finland
- Participated in the Study tour from 17 – 22 September 2018 at Germany to upgrade the understanding of the European Best Available Technology (BAT) process in Textile Sector
- Participated and Presented in Global RECP Programme and Green Industry Conference on 02-05 October, 2018 in Bangkok.
- Participated in Executive Committee Meeting (as a representative of RECP Centres of Asia – Pacific Countries) held at Vienna, 26 – 28 November, 2018.